Thursday, February 01, 2007

We went to my second ultrasound yesterday, and it was even more amazing than the first one!!!

So, first things first, despite my neurotic panic that something would go wrong, everything looks normal. The strange mass on my gestational sack is nearly gone. It is small enough to be considered within the ranges of "normal," and didn't even get mentioned in my paperwork. The baby is growing at a normal rate (he's 48mm long right now) and I was only one day off in my calculation of my due date. New date is August 19th.

I thought the first ultrasound was amazing, and it was, but this one was so incredible. Even though Maggot's only about 2 inches long, he really looks like a baby already! And he was moving around like crazy! I joked with the woman doing the scan that I wasn't sure if I was excited to feel that or not. The first time I saw him move I nearly cried. I really have a baby inside me!

Martin had a good time at the scan as well. He actually showed a little excitement (shocker)! I could tell he was happy because when he saw the baby move he got this amazed expression on his face and he said, "I made that!" He also said that the baby MUST be his, because it wouldn't stop jiffling around. The technician actually had a hard time getting measurements because Maggot wouldn't hold still. I was so relieved to see our little acrobat.

For the 30 minutes after the scan Martin and I walked around with big, dumb grins on our faces. When I got back to work everyone ooohed and ahhed over the picture, even though you can't see much. I am so happy right now!

1 comment:

kriddlec said...

Please tell me that you are not going to name my nephew (?) Maggot. I know for a fact that there is a slew of delightful names available for the taking. :) You kept referring to "him" as "he." Are you just wishful thinking, or is it true?