Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving...

A quick and early happy Thanksgiving to all the friends and family in the U.S.A. I am hosting a Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow, but it really is going to be dinner--5:30pm since it's (obviously) not a holiday over here. I've got one pie done and another in the works, plus all of my vegetables are chopped and ready to cook tomorrow. The turkey is thawed in the fridge as well, and I am ready to cook everything tomorrow. Of course, there will only be 5 people for dinner so that takes away some of the stress of entertaining. Plus, nobody over here is really bothered. They're pretty much just showing up for the meal. Cathy told us she was coming, then made other plans! But now she's coming again, which is good.

Dylan is upstairs crying his eyes out. Since he got sicki (a little cold--nothing serious) he hasn't been settling very well at night. Once he is asleep he stays asleep for 9 or 10 hours, but getting him there is quite a chore. We bathe him, feed him, cuddle him, burp him, change him--pretty much do everything we can think of--and then let him cry for 45 minutes to an hour. I will just say at this point that I find it much easier to just let him cry than I ever thought I would. I just feel sorry for the neighbors. We don't have the thickest walls in the world!

In other Dylan news, he is now weighing in at a whopping 14 lbs. 13 oz. His weight gain seems to have leveled off a little bit. He only gained 3 oz. last week instead of nearly a pound. And that slowed weight gain is even WITH the addition of baby rice to his diet. That's right--Dylan is having solids (sort of). I started giving him the cereal on Saturday after much deliberation. I loved the fact that he was exclusively breast fed, but I was sitting and feeding him for about 3 hours straight every afternoon, and it was just too draining for me. I'm making the cereal up with breast milk though, and that makes me feel a little bit better about the whole thing. Anyway, he loves the cereal and is happy and healthy. And now I only have to feed him for about an hour in the afternoon. That's a big improvement.

Martin is getting a lot done on the house--the entrance hallway is nearly ready for plastering, and once that's done we will block off the old door and open up the new one. Exciting stuff! We also finally hung a towel rack, toilet roll holder, and mirror in the bathroom and got a great rug for Dylan's nursery (hooray for Ikea--the greatest store ever)!

Anyway, must dash. I need to make my pumpkin pie still. I just needed to update everyone. Next time it'll be pictures. Dylan gets cuter every day!

No comments: