Thursday, November 29, 2007

Smiley Baby...

Dylan woke up on Saturday morning and decided to be a happy, smiley little baby. Not that he wasn't adorable before, but he was really cranky in the afternoon and early evening, and made my life difficult from about 3 pm until he went to bed at about 9 pm. Now he is cute. Still high maintenance (we have to hold him and play with him all evening or he cries), but now he is cute when we play with him. He has started giggling and smiling a lot more now, and as he becomes more aware of his surroundings, I don't have to entertain him as much. He likes just looking around and taking it all in. It's a welcome break for me!

I got him weighed at the baby clinic yesterday. He's now tipping the scales at a whopping 15 lbs. 3 oz. He still isn't fat, though he's got chubby little cheeks. He's really long and lean, with just a nice amount of baby fat. I really do have the cutest baby in the world. I really hope he holds on to his cuteness and he is a good looking little boy, teenager, and man. Life tends to be a little bit easier if you are attractive.

Martin and I are both doing well. Life is pretty monotonous at the moment, but it'll be busier and more exciting over Christmas. We've got the Lincoln Christmas market coming up, and Martin has a week off work between Christmas and New Years. The house is getting better--I'm taking an interest in making it look like a home now that it's not a builder's yard in the front room, and it's starting to look really cozy.

In other news, I have seized the financial reins back from Martin. He has been in charge of our finances since we moved here, and he hasn't done a very good job. Now that I am at home and have (a little bit) more free time than him, I am taking over again. My goal is to have our credit card paid off as soon as possible and to know EXACTLY what's going in and out of the bank each month. Once the card is paid off, we'll take a trip over to visit the family. It's only been a week since I took over, but we're already doing a little bit better. We've certainly spent less money this week than we normally do. The better I am at managing our money, the sooner we can come over for a visit. That's a pretty good incentive for me to budget well. I want to come and visit the family SO BAD!!!

Anyway, Dylan is crying and needs some attention. I'll try to get some more pictures and maybe a video clip posted soon. The little guy is getting so big and so adorable!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just a suggestion..try using a swing at night when he gets fussy or can do it closer to their bed time, it tends to put them to sleep. You could try bathing him, then lotion him with that kamamil lotion(it works wonders at night) then bundle him up and then put him in the swing on the gentle motion. after all of that they usually conk out. you could also try outting him in a bouncer then use a jungle gym stand for entertainment for them. Use one that makes music or noise. it devolps hand-eye cordination and it entertained my kids for hours plus it made them laugh which is fun too.---just a thought