Friday, April 18, 2008

Dylan's 7 month check up...

So the little monster had his seven month check up with the health visitor today, and it went really well. It was an inconvenient time because it meant we couldn't go swimming, but that's ok. We went on Wednesday with Jen anyway.

The health visitor was lovely, and totally in love with Dylan. In her words, he's "perfect." Both physically and developmentally. He has reached all of the normal milestones in his development and his height, weight, and head circumference are all spot on. He's actually gained 4.5 oz. in the last 9 days and now weighs 20 lbs 8.5 ounces. He's still in the 75th percentile and his measurements are ALL there. He is a big boy, but he's perfectly proportioned

I feel like mother of the year this morning. Dylan's never really been a roller. He CAN roll over, but he doesn't do it very often. So I always put him down for a nap on our bed and he stays there until I go get him. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case this morning. I heard him crying while I was cleaning the kitchen, so I went upstairs to check on him. I was horrified when I went into our bedroom because he wasn't on the bed--he rolled all the way off. He's not hurt at all--luckily our bed is really quite low to the ground. But I'm going to have to start putting cushions around him for his nap. It's the first time he's ever fallen though, and at 7 months I guess that's not too bad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh dont worry i can bet it wont be the last time it happens ;)

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time that happened with my oldest, I felt so terrible. As they have gotten older I have realized that sometimes they get hurt and there is nothing I can do to prevent it. Just over a year ago my little girl (7 at the time) snuck outside to ride her bike without her dad knowing and because she snuck out she didn't have her helmet on. Well, she wrecked on it and got her face smashed up pretty badly, that was a fun ER visit. I still feel guilty sometimes that I was at school and not home when it happened.
By the way, Dylan is such a handsome little man and I am so happy for you.