Tuesday, April 08, 2008

New stuff...

Our laptop arrived today, and it is so wonderful! Our internet connection is so fast, and it is a real pleasure to use this computer. So that's new.

Also new, my UK driving license. It's official, I have a full UK license. You may remember that I opted not to be put on our insurance policy when Martin switched out car insurance as an incentive to get off my lazy back side and take the test. Well, that was very effective. I took the test last Wednesday, and passed it quite easily. Which was a big relief, since it was so expensive to take. But I am now 100% legal to drive in the UK. It's nice to have my freedom back.

Dylan has started making clicking noises with his tongue. That's new as well. He started doing it a few days ago, but he didn't stop doing it pretty much all day today. He loves playing with his tongue. He's not that bothered about moving around, but he wants to communicate so bad! He gets cuter all the time.

Martin has started playing baseball again. He has Wednesday practices and Sunday games. We bought a couple of second hand bikes and are going to get a baby seat so we can go on family rides together. Martin is using his to ride over to Hull because cyclists don't have to pay the bridge toll. It saves us £5.40 + petrol every week. So baseball and bikes are new, too.

My back garden is a mess at the minute. Martin and I started digging out the concrete so we can plant grass. Martin and his dad have hauled a couple of loads of rubble to the tip, and nearly all the concrete is gone now. Hopefully we will plant some grass this weekend, and that will be new as well.

I think that brings everyone up to date (sort of). This is a lightening post as I am exhausted and want to go to bed desperately. I just needed to give an update. Martin may post some pictures tonight. If he doesn't, I'll get to it tomorrow night while he's at baseball practice.

1 comment:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

Emerson has been clicking her tongue also- she loves to be heard and wants to communicate too. I bet Dylan and her are alot alike in many ways since they are so close in age:)