Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lonely...

Most of the time I enjoy living in England. Some days I don't. Today is one of THOSE days.

Don't get me wrong--this is a beautiful country and I am glad we moved here. We have some really good friends and our lives are happy. But today I was looking at my sister ShaNeil's photos she's put on Facebook, and I am not in any of her "family" pictures. Neither is Martin or Dylan. And I know it's because we haven't seen her since she created her Facebook account. That makes me so sad.

I feel like I am missing so much, and I also feel that my family are missing so much as well. Dylan is changing every day, and only mom, dad, and Jace have even seen him. I have a niece that I've never seen, and my other nieces and nephews barely know me. I adore Martin's family, but I want to be with MY family. We have always been so close knit, and I miss feeling connected to them.

I remember when I moved to the Grand Canyon at the tender age of 18. Mom and dad and I hadn't been getting along, and I didn't even want to talk to them when I left. So I didn't. I didn't call them or send any letters pretty much all summer long. And I was ok with that. Things sure do change!

Oh my lovely sisters and brother and parents--I miss you all so much today. I'm sitting here in my living room crying like a baby. I would give anything to be able to come for a visit!

2 comments:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

All right- yesterday I was waiting for my turn to talk to you and the next thing I knew the phone call was over! Maybe I was distracted by poopy diapers (or unders!) or something. Anyway, I want to download Skype when I can get Greg's help so I can talk to you more:) And don't feel bad about the rolling off the bed thing- We had it happen with Havie TWICE in one day:)

Love you guys,

Ang:)

Unknown said...

I so know how you feel. Jeremy and i took a year long trip in this pee on town in nebaska. I almost had every minute of it expect when i had my second son (my suvaneer) we couldnt wait to leave utah but when we got over there i couldnt wait to cook home. It surprising how much utah attaches it self to you. you can take comfort in knowing that you missed here i guess. I there isnt really anything that cures that ache. Just keep your chin up ;)