Saturday, January 10, 2009

The closest thing to an apology...

Today I ran into my old Volvo boss, Alan, on my way to Tesco with Dylan. It was a little bit surreal.

We had a nice chat. I introduced him to Dylan, and asked about his family. He talked about when we worked together, and I got the closest thing to an apology for the way I was treated there that I have ever received. He told me that he had made a lot of mistakes in that job, and had regrets about the way certain people were allowed to behave.

I walked away from him smiling. My time at Volvo was hellish, and it seems like so long ago, but it was still nice to have my shoddy treatment acknowledged as such.

In other news, Dylan is readjusting to life and time back in England really well. He woke up in the middle of the night last night because he was hungry. Martin had to work today, so I got up with him. I cooked him breakfast and we watched music videos together until he got tired again. We cuddled and I sang him to sleep, and he didn't wake up until after 10 am. He's eaten regular meals today as well, and we took a lovely nap together. He's almost been on his normal schedule, and if he sleeps tonight we will be back on track. I haven't minded taking care of him at all though--I will do whatever it takes to keep him healthy and happy.

We are going to bed soon, because I want to be rested in case Dylan wakes up. Church should be interesting tomorrow!

No comments: