Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year, and big changes to come!

Happy new year everybody!!!

So far, 2009 has been good. We are having dinner with Krystle tonight in her adorable apartment, and it's fun. I get to see all of my lovely things that I left behind when we moved to England, and it makes me sad and happy at the same time. Sad because I miss my stuff, but happy because Krystle is putting it to such good use. And also happy because I will be getting it back when we move home (hopefully some time later this year).

So I'm just sitting here thinking about all the things that are going to change in the coming year. I will turn 30. I will have my second child. I will move from England to the U.S. I know it's only three things, but they are all major. So I think my new year's resolution will be to just make it through 2009 with my sanity intact.

Martin is going to pay his tithing this year. A worthy goal indeed. He is also going to try to be tidier. I like that one a lot.

We bought our Christmas present today--a combined gift from Mom and Dad and Daddy Doug and Rae. We have a new digital camera, and it's lovely. The video function on it seems really good--at least much better than our old one. So hopefully we will be able to get better video clips on the blog from now on. And the pictures will be a better quality, as well. This means that everyone can print copies of our pictures if they want to and they will look much better!

Utah is still being very kind to us, and it will be hard to go home when the time comes. Although I still maintain that it will be nice to get back. You get really used to having your own space, and it's hard to cram your life into one room for over three weeks. Amber, I don't know how you managed!

Anyway, time to go. The Thai green curry is ready and the parents just arrived.

2 comments:

Emma said...

Hey Jamie,
Can you let me know what time that you need picking up from the airport. I presume that we are picking you up since we have your car??
Lewis is off on the 8th but we are having carpets fitted so we could do with a rough estimate if possible!
Take care
Emma

Kathleen and Justin Lofley said...

Hey! I wasn't sure if you were still around or not. If you have time and still want to hang out, give us a call. Justin's phone is (801) 358-8861.