Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hospital appointment...

I have a great family in England!!!

Laurence came over this morning and watched Dylan for me while I went to my hospital appointment. He also fixed my oven while he was here (the thermostat was broken). Christine is coming over tonight to watch Dylan while Martin and I go out on a date (she bought us tickets to see a pantomime--I'll have Martin explain that one later). What superstars!

So my hospital appointment was good. The scan was a bit of a disappointment because they were in a big hurry and I didn't feel like I could ask them to take the time to let me see Newbie's face. But I was amazed to see the difference that 10 weeks has made in terms of development. The baby was all fleshed out and chubby looking-completely adorable. And I have another scan booked four weeks from now. I also have a glucose tolerance test booked for the 26th (which happens to be the same date that Dylan sees the pediatrician).

Dr. Roberts, the consultant at the hospital, was really nice. He must have been having a bad day when I saw him during my pregnancy with Dylan, because I wasn't terribly impressed by him then. And he gave me good news. This baby is measuring on the big side of "average," but it's not as big as Dylan would have been at this stage of pregnancy (based on his birth weight). So I'm still on track to try and avoid a c-section. I thought I was a bit smaller this time around. Mostly because I haven't had strangers ask me if I'm having twins, but I also feel smaller and I'm not as uncomfortable as I got last time--yet.

In other news, Martin found out last night that Nadine is going to close the Place. The last day will be next Saturday. Julia, one of the part time employees, might take the lease over with her husband, so things might stay the same. But we aren't holding our breath, and Martin is looking for something new. Obviously, he has been looking around for wuite some time. But he's REALLY looking now. He'll get two weeks of redundancy pay, so we'll have a month without too much stress before things get scary.

Also, we couldn't speak to anyone at the bank on Tuesday. We've got an appointment this afternoon, so I'll keep everyone posted on that front as I learn more.

Life is pretty exciting right now. Kind of sucks!

No comments: