Friday, July 16, 2010

Hmmm...

I lead a very lonely and isolated life.  Don't get me wrong--I have friends.  In fact, one of them was over for dinner just this evening.  But the vast majority of my life is spent with a nearly 3 year old and a 15 month old.  They are both asleep by around 7:15pm.  Then it's just me, myself, and I.

Today, as Martin played on the Wii and I hung washing out on the line, started cooking dinner, did the dishes, and put more laundry on to wash, I thought about how much I've changed since Martin met me.  Then I was a fun loving, care-free, popular party animal.  Now I am carrying around too much weight and too many cares, and have become a house-bound drudge.  How is that in any way exciting for him?

Don't mind me--just having one of those days when my life seems totally pants and I want a shoulder to cry on.  I'm sure Dylan would be willing, but it might wake Edith up.  Plus, he would want to cheer me up.  He did it for me earlier by giving me kisses until I was smiling.  I kind of just want to wallow in my misery alone tonight.  Maybe I'll listen to the Smiths.

Maybe I'll go search for the plastering trowel and re-plaster the top staircase instead.

Tomorrow is bound to be a better day.

At this time next week I'll have my mom here to keep me company.  Nothing lonely about that!

No comments: