Sunday, July 11, 2010

The slow(est) boat from China...

That's the one that our power cord for the laptop is on.  Either that or they waited until they got our order to actually manufacture the part.  Regardless, that is the LAST time I allow Mr. Gilbert to make an e-Bay purchase unsupervised!

We are still power cordless, and therefore not on-line.  And it has come to my attention that I may or may not have a serious addiction.  I have been getting the shakes because I can't go on-line to update my blog, have a nosy on Facebook, and check my e-mails!

So here is the update:

1)  Dylan has chickenpox.  And we're not just talking a mild case which may be heat rash or a few mosquito bites.  HE. IS. TOTALLY. COVERED. IN. SPOTS!  He has them in his ears, on his eyelids, and yes, even on his genitals.  I guess that might explain why he is always really keen to have me put calamine lotion on him every morning and night.

2)  Edith has started to try to talk, and she is now walking everywhere.  She is also starting to understand simple sentences and we can give her basic instructions which she follows, like "pick up your cup," or "go get your shoes."  She's amazing!  Her hair is also now long and thick enough to put little clips in it, and she is just as cute as a button.

3)  My mom will be here in less than two weeks, and we are so excited to see her that we can hardly stand it!

4)  We are currently having a heat wave, and it has been super humid and sticky here.  Everyone is complaining about the heat, though we are trying to make the best of the sunshine while trying not to move too much and start sweating.  Ugh, England is not nice when it's hot!

That's pretty much it.  Life is nice and relaxed, if not a little bit boring.  funny, how hard it is to blog when you're out of practice.  This cable needs to get here soon so I can get back in the swing of things.  Especially because I have some gorgeous pictures to post.

Believe me, my readers will be the first ones to know when that stupid power cable finally arrives!

No comments: