Saturday, October 23, 2010

the Entertainer...

My son is a total attention hog.  Last night we sang a song together at the ward talent night, and he was fantastic!  While we were on the stage waiting to go on, he was actually dancing because he was so excited to sing.  We left early, so I don't know if we won or not.  But he was completely adorable.  I asked someone to record it for me, though I haven't had a chance to check out the video yet.  Hopefully it worked and you will all be able to see his performance soon.

I took the kids to the talent night because I couldn't stand to be cooped up in the house alone with them for another second.  They got to bed an hour and a half late, and they woke up an hour early this morning, so I will be paying for our night out all day long.  I think it was worth it, but will have a better idea about that come bed time.  Of course, the time changes tonight so it IS the perfect day to put them to bed an hour early.

I don't know why, but every once in a while my lifestyle starts to really chafe.  It's one of those weeks right now--I am sick to death of having pooping, crying, hungry and demanding kids hanging off me all the time.  They require so much of my time and energy.  They are sucking the life out of me.  I love them to pieces, but I can't stand having them around all the time.  I feel like a single parent most of the time, and it is exhausting!

Martin is such a wonderful father, but sometimes what I really need is a husband!

No comments: