Friday, October 01, 2010

She speaks!

Today Edith told me that she needed her diaper changed. She toddled up to me, grabbed at her crotch, and said, "dirty."

One step closer to potty training!

I've also decided that watching "The Day After Tomorrow" while it's absolutely chucking it down is kind of a bad idea--like watching "The Blair Witch Project" right before going camping. I'm now paranoid that climate change is imminent and am waiting to hear that the entire royal family have died in a helicopter crash.

Going shopping for bed linens tomorrow, and I can hardly wait. I've patched the hole in the sheets we've got, but it's not very comfortable. New sheets--I can hardly wait to go to bed tomorrow night.

Dylan did better at school the last two days. Today we took the kids for a drive just so Dylan would get a nap before school. And I spent the afternoon with one of the other school mums, because it was raining buckets and she had a long walk back to her house. Adult company is so nice to have.

As I become more involved in the community through my children I realize just how strange Barton is. The school gates are full of all sorts of drama. Everyone has slept with everybody else. The men all have children with at least two of the women waiting at the gate. I'm hearing all about it, and it's a little bit disturbing!

No comments: