Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Shh...quiet (books)

Edith has learned another word. She now says "stars." We had some amazing cuddles while she was pointing to the glow in the dark ones on my bedroom ceiling.

Unfortunately, she is a bit confused. She also calls the lights "stars."

It's kind of like when Dylan called everything that was on his head a hat.

Toddler speak is so amazing!

We think that Edith is also getting some more teeth. What a pain in the backside. Dylan had all of his by the time he was 18 months old, and Edith's only got 8 teeth. I wish we could just get them all in and done with.

It's so strange to think that when Dylan was Edith's age I was heavily pregnant. 18 months is so young, no wonder I spent almost my whole pregnancy freaking out about having another baby. We're almost done with high chairs and pushchairs, and it's sure a good feeling! I've even dragged the potty out. Not that we'll be potty training the little darling any time soon, but I want her to get used to having it around. She's started showing interest in Dylan when he's using the toilet. I'm looking forward to being done with diapers!

The kids are being a bit difficult this week. Because of the teething, Edith isn't really eating much. Dylan is just going through a non-eating phase. So they are both hungry and grumpy. Because they are hungry, they are waking up earlier. This means they are tired as well. Not a great combination. Especially because I've been having some late nights.

I totally blame the quiet books.

Seriously, it's addicting. Working on them is my heroin. I start sewing stuff, and I just can't stop. I sit down at 7:30 when the kids go to bed, and next thing I know it is 11:30pm and Martin is getting home from work. But I have all the stuff done for both bees and flowers pages, Edith's handbag page, and Dylan's clock page. 4 down, 16 to go. I've just started working on Edith's rubber ducky page. Then it will be on to Dylan's space man page, which I'm really looking forward to.

I'll get some pictures up soon(ish). I still haven't been able to get any muslin for the actual pages, so right now I am concentrating on getting everything totally ready to sew onto the pages once I make them.

Anyway, I have kids crawling all over me and it's getting difficult to type. I'd best put the laptop away before it gets broken and stop neglecting my brood. Wish us a happy rainy autumn day.

No comments: