Wednesday, October 27, 2010

part timer...

That's what I feel like lately.  My in-laws had the kids on Monday so Martin and I could do some DIY.  That turned in to a disaster, with some unexpected water pipes.  We have a plumber coming today to look at the job of moving the pipes, as that needs to be done before we can do any more work.  We're knocking out the bathroom closet and making it part of the kitchen.  I can hardly wait!

Anyway, the kids were gone for 24 hours, so Martin and I took advantage of it and went out to see a movie that night and took a lunch break at the Place while they were still there.

Monday night was my friend Noelle's Pampered Chef party, so we went to the in-laws for dinner, picked up the kids, brought them home and put them in to bed, and I left for the evening.

Last night, we got a babysitter.  The lovely Alice Whall came over and watched our telly for 2 hours while we went out to dinner at Pasco's in Cottingham.  It's owned by the same people that own Stables, so we got our dinner for free.  It was a lovely evening.

Tonight is book club, and I am the hostess this month.  So I'll have adult company tonight, as well.

I almost need Martin to go to work on Thursday so I actually feel like a parent again.  This is GREAT!

We're enjoying Dylan's half-term holiday so far, and Martin's time off even more.  Obviously, Monday was a day of hard work for us.  But the kids had a great time having a sleepover at their nanna's house.  Then yesterday we went for a fun walk.  I think we might do it again today, because the kids seriously had so much fun rambling around in the woods.  It was raining, but we didn't mind.  We would have walked longer, but the path was part of the Earl of Yarborough's estate, and was technically closed.  We walked until we started hearing gunshots in the distance.  Then we figured it was a good idea to get out of the way of a shooting party!  We are going to take the kids to the circus--most likely on Friday.  Then Martin and Dylan are going to the Leeds v. Scunthorpe United match on Saturday.   It's in Scunthorpe, and they have to sit in the "wrong" stand (with the Scunny fans) but they are both really looking forward to it.  I'll take Edith shopping, I think.

Dylan will be back at school on Monday, and Martin will be back at work on Tuesday.  We are squeezing a lot in.  Then it's no more time off until Christmas for Dylan, and no more time off until January for Martin.  I hate having him work in a restaurant at Christmas time!

No comments: