Thursday, October 21, 2010

Random update...

I was giving Dylan a cuddle the other night when he was having a night terror and I made an interesting observation.  At the tender age of 3 years old, his head is about the same size as Martin's.  It kind of creeped me out, because when I was hugging him it felt a little bit like I was hugging his dad.  Not helped by the fact that their ears are the same, as is their hair color.

We got Dylan's surgery date through the post this week.  He'll be in Sheffield Childrens' Hospital on the 29th of November to have his hydrocele operated on.  In the mean time, we will all be rushing back and forth to the hospital in Hull for various hematologist appointments.  Ugh!  I think the hardest part of the surgery will be not giving Dylan anything to eat after 7:30 am when his surgery isn't until noon.  Anyway, we have about 6 weeks to go so no use fretting about it yet.

Dylan breaks up for the half term tomorrow.  Exciting stuff, as Martin is taking a week off.  It's actually meaningful this time.  We will have a whole week where we don't have to schedule things around school, and we will be able to do stuff as a family.  Bliss!

Edith has learned how to make an "oooooh" sound, and her face is priceless when she does it.  She really purses her lips together.  Her face is so mobile.  I am sensing a career as an actress in her future.  Or maybe a mime.  Her face is incredibly expressive.  That's part of the reason I think she isn't talking much yet.  I can tell what she wants by her facial expression a lot of the time.

I've now finished the rubber ducky page for Edith's quiet book and the spaceman page for Dylan's quiet book.  So that makes 6 pages done, and 14 to go.  A couple of them are really simple.  Some of them are not.  But I am pleased with the progress we've made so far.  Especially since I have been taking a few nights off to get some extra sleep.

Wow, things are busy right now!

2 comments:

Greg, Ang & 4 kidlets said...

What is his Hydrocele? I could just ask Greg when he gets home couldn't I?

V said...

Hey, can we see some pictures of your cute quiet books. I think I'm going to make some as well. Love ya V