Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Anger...

I don't lose my temper often.

No, really.  I don't!

I used to be angry a lot--mostly before I had kids.  My two little angels have really mellowed me out, because I was mostly angry about not being able to have children.

But boy, when I do get angry I don't do it by half.

I don't shout.  I don't throw things.  I don't swear at people.  I don't hit my kids.

I do work very efficiently.  I DO get very quiet.

I learned a long time ago that it is best for me to keep my anger inside.  When I am truly angry, I don't have a reliable social filter.  I say truly horrible things.  Things that are horribly true.  Some people say that you shouldn't bottle it all inside.  But I know that my temper burns white-hot for a very short time.  Grudges don't happen when I get angry.  Grudges happen when I say things in anger to other people.

It's been very quiet at my house lately, and I'm totally caught up on the ironing.

But today was full of fun and laughter, and dancing with my babies.  And I have a feeling that the housework is going to suffer for a little while.

No comments: