Friday, January 13, 2012

I hated someone today...

Not anybody I knew, either. Just some random woman who had taken her kid to the Fun Forest in Brigg.

I didn't hate her because her kid was undisciplined and mean to one of mine. I didn't hate her because she was a terrible driver and cut me off or nearly caused an accident in the car park. She did absolutely nothing to me.

You're dying to know why, aren't you?

It was because of the way she looked.

More specifically, it was because she was thin, well-dressed, and well-groomed. Her hair was perfectly styled, sleek and glossy. Mine is frizzy and in desperate need of a trim (and a style). Her clothes were new and trendy in a grown up and understated way. I have been increasingly shabby looking since Dylan was born. And let's not talk about the way my empty baby bag hangs off the front of me, despite my diligence in attending the gym and watching what I eat.

How shallow was that?

It's a good thing I didn't run into anyone I know there. I probably would have ended up hating them, too.

Really need to work on my bad attitude lately. And maybe do my hair a little more often and wear some lipstick...

No comments: