Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Resolved...

I don't really do new year's resolutions.

That being said, I've made some this year.

I am going to stop expecting Martin to do stuff on the house, and just get it done myself.

So I've painted the front room.

I'm nearly finished--just about a third of the last wall to go, but I actually DO need some help with it as it requires me to move some serious furniture. And today I sorted out a new number plate for our car (ours was stolen) and bought and fitted some new hinges on our secretaire (Martin did end up helping me with that, but not because I needed him to or asked him to). This is one of the reasons that I've not updated the blog for so long!

I've also resolved to be less controlling and demanding. Not with the kids, mind you. They need to be controlled. Especially Edith right now. Proper little madame, her. No, I'm trying not to be as controlling with my husband. I'm trying not to demand his time and attention, and instead am waiting for it to be volunteered.

Of the two resolutions, the second one is definitely harder. But I think it's important.

Happily, my resolutions don't involve exercising more or going on a diet. My workout routine is firmly established and diets don't work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.