Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So you're feeling like you're 40...

My body seriously feels like it's falling to pieces. Specifically, my hips and pelvis. I'm hobbling around like an arthritic old woman at the minute.

Of course, I still went to the gym this morning. The cross trainer was hard, but I made it through. I think I'm actually getting slightly addicted to the gym.

Hmmm, maybe that's why my body is falling apart.

Anyway, all this time at the gym is giving me a lot of time to think about various things:

A while back, someone I know told me that she is bulimic. It was strange, because she is so tiny and has such a great body, and I've always been more than a little bit jealous. Finding out she has an eating disorder kind of makes me feel like she's been cheating all this time. And it makes me sad, that she'd be willing to destroy her body for the sake of making it look good.

Lately, Dylan has been incredibly loud. It's like he only has two volumes--asleep and deafening. It's driving me crazy, and I don't know what to do about it. Seriously, it's like he's shouting all the time. He gets so excited about everything, and when he gets excited the volume goes up. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Edith has hit her terrible twos with a vengeance. She screamed for nearly an hour and a half last week because I wouldn't read her a second bedtime story. That kid is stubborn as a mule, and she certainly knows what she does and does not want. It's just a phase, but it's one of those phases where good parenting is incredibly difficult. It's so much easier to just give in to her whining demands. But if I give in now, it will just make my life harder in 10 years time. I'll take the hard work now rather than when she's a teenager, thanks.

We have a house viewing on Saturday. We were supposed to have one two Sundays ago, and we had a special fast for it. That may not seem like a big deal to you super religious people who do it all the time, but it's a HUGE deal for us. So imagine our chagrin when the viewing was cancelled--especially since I spent my entire Saturday night cleaning the house for it. Thanks to my new year's resolution, a lot of stuff has been getting done. But it was still hard work. So maybe this is the one--the answer to our prayers.

Martin just had a week off work, and it was fantastic. He is nearly finished with our kitchen cabinets. He was finished, but there was a mistake with one of them and he has to re-do it. But I don't care that much about the cabinets. I care about having my husband at home, and it was wonderful! How sad, that hanging out and playing Guitar Hero with Martin is more fun than anything else I could do. I'd also forgotten how much easier it is to get the kids into bed when Martin is home. Half the work is BLISS!

He's back at work now, and I'm lonely even though I'm happily catching up on all the telly I missed while he was home.

So yeah, full week ahead, in pain, missing Martin, Dylan driving me nuts and Edith throwing temper tantrums left, right, and center. That's the update. Now I'm going to post some pictures.

No comments: