Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Back to school...

...and not a moment too soon!

Dylan was back at school today. Edith and I really enjoyed having him home for the Easter holiday, but we both breathed a little sigh of relief this morning. We enjoy our quiet little lives together, with chilled out mornings, afternoon naps, and cuddles together in my big bed. And Dylan, it has to be said, prefers to be at school.

I feel very good about Dylan's time off school--like we struck a good balance between rest and fun, and like I managed to keep my temper in check and be "fun mom" instead of "mean mom." Don't get me wrong here. Dylan gets disciplined when he makes poor choices (thank you, Castledyke School, for that terminology). So does Edith. "Fun mom" still issues punishments when they are deserved, but she can overlook the small stuff and forgive and forget. "Mean mom," well, she's a different story.

Oh yes, I'm totally writing about myself in the third person.

I'm also making it seem like I have split personalities or, at the very least, like I'm pretty darned bi-polar.

The third person thing is pretty annoying, so that stops now!

As for the other, well, that's complicated.

No comments: