Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Proud mama bear...

Dylan came home from school with some news yesterday. Apparently, he and one other girl in his class are being moved to the class above them for their phonics lesson.

My baby, the youngest one in his class, is advanced enough to move up a grade in his reading. He's already doing math with the class above.

My boy is wicked smart!

Although I'd love to be able to take full credit, it can only be partial. He is just naturally intelligent, though we do our best to nurture that. He's been a genius with numbers since he was tiny, and he's always loved books. We make sure that we read to him, encourage him, and praise his hard work and efforts, but it's all him.

I've always known that Dylan was a smarty-pants, but it's nice to have it confirmed by the system.

It'll be interesting to see if Edith follows on in her big brother's footsteps. I know she's clever, but her book-smarts remain to be seen.

I love how different my kids are. Same genes, same upbringing, different in every single way!

No comments: