Monday, April 02, 2012

Edith...

She turned three yesterday. My baby is three years old. Where has the time gone?

We had a fantastic birthday party for her. Just family (oh yeah, the Mundays totally count as family), but it was pirates and princesses, and I decorated and everything. We had a finger food buffet which was really a junk food feast, and I made brown sugar cupcakes. She blew out the candles (twice, because Dylan missed it the first time) and was completely spoiled by our family with presents.

That girl was in heaven, because she mostly got frilly new dresses. Never in my life have I seen such a girlie-girl. I think I was probably that girlie when I was younger, though.

I'd like to think that I bought her the favorite present of the day--a new tutu.

So here are some tidbits about three-year-old Edith:

She is a little pixie, with her short, spiky ginger hair, long, thin body, and tiny little elfin features.

She has the most beautiful eyes. Sometimes they are green, sometimes they are gray, and sometimes they even look brown. I swear they change with her moods, which can be pretty mercurial.

She has a temper to match her fiery hair. And a stubborn streak a mile wide.

But she is also a great helper, and great at sharing. She is sweet and charming, and really loves people. Because she loves them, they love her, too. Seriously, she is a charmer.

She loves dresses and make-up and Barbies. She loves high heels and handbags. She loves all things pink, but she will tolerate "lello." She's mad about My Little Ponies and Hello Kitty.

Edith is smart. She can count up to twenty, sort of. She can sing loads of songs, including the alphabet song. She loves books, and will sit and pretend to read for absolutely ages.

Her favorite TV show is "I Can Cook" on CBeebies, but she will watch "Bones" with me in the afternoons because it means a really good cuddle and, usually, a nice snack.

This girl is amazing. She is my little shadow, a little sponge, a challenge, a helper, and such good company. She's been a ray of sunshine in our lives almost without fail since she was born, and I am blessed and privileged to be her mother. We are all blessed and privileged to have her in our family.

1 comment:

ShaNeil said...

I can't wait to meet her in real life! :)