Sunday, October 16, 2005

I tried Haggis!!!

Well, that's the news of the week. I sampled a little bit of Scottish cuisine that most people would not, and it was fabulous!

Nothing else has really happened. We went to look at a flat yesterday, but the whole thing fell through. We are starting to get really frustrated in the house hunt. We looked at a little house on Algernon Street in Grimsby on Friday night that we are considering. It's called Hog Penny Cottage, but little IS the operative word in this case. We might take it anyway, out of sheer desperation!

In church related news, Martin and I have both received callings in our ward. I have been called to be the Primary music director & pianist as well as the assistant ward pianist. Martin has been called as the assistant ward missionary. We were already set apart, too. Not sure how we feel about it, honestly, but we will serve with smiles. I may learn how to play the organ, as I will have to play in Sacrament meeting on occasion anyway.

I did receive a great blessing when I was set apart that eased my mind quite a bit. To be perfectly honest I have been wondering if we'd done the right thing or not, moving to England. But today we learned that we ARE in the right place. What a relief!

Anyway, that's the only news for now. Not even any pictures this week, because we haven't gone anywhere cool. But next weekend Martin isn't at work, so hopefully we will go someplace groovy then. More later, when something exciting has happened.

1 comment:

Amberlynn said...

haggis, huh. Any descriptives? What was so great about it?

I honestly hated all the meat I tried in Switzerland and Germany, but I've discovered I generally don't even like meat - except chicken. Mmmm chicken.

I'm so glad to know you're sure you're in the right place. I remember the blessing I got when job hunting that said "where you go will be much more important that what you do." And, as I got a "saving the world" type job, and I always wanted to move to the Northwest US anyway, I was sure of it. Before I even got here I knew I was moving home. It's so nice to have a home! (No way could I think of being able to afford the structure of a home, but Portland without a doubt, is home.)

I love you Jamie, and miss you. I do hope we get a chance to meet up some time.