Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's been a shockingly long time since I posted to the blog--Martin and I have been really busy with various things, and going on line takes low priority sometimes.

So what's new? Well, we had a little bon voyage pub crawl for Martin's mate Adam. He's moving to Canada for the next 18 months or so. There was a big group of us, and we just went 'round to several pubs in Grimsby. Martin and I sucked down Coke and ginger ale all night long. His friends are all amazingly understanding about Martin not drinking any more. Of course, he could never hold his drink anyway from what I gather. At any rate, Adam had a good send off. We'll both miss him.

We also had a church Stake swimming gala, which Martin and I both participated in. All the wards in our stake competed against each other in races divided up by age & sex. After the racing, we had a free swim. That was even more fun than the pub crawl. When we go to church activities, I feel like I'm home again. That's the only place you really see a lot of families with their children.

Also on the church front, we had a fancy dress party. But it wasn't really "fancy." We got dressed up in the most mis-matched clothes we could find. Everyone in the ward did it, and it was hilarious. Martin looked fantastic. He wore a pink Wrangler western shirt, a paisley tie, and his fish pants. Martin's mum took a picture, and I'll try to get a copy of it posted here soon.

We also got some good news, and my faith in the National Health system was restored. I went to see my GP on Tuesday, got a refill on asthma meds, got a flu shot (called a "jab" instead of a shot here), and got an automatic referral to a fertility clinic. The whole visit took less than 30 minutes and cost me £6.50 (for the prescription). Now we just have to wait for the fertility clinic to call us--we've gone as far as we can on this one.

So that's all for now--I'll update in more detail when I'm not at work!

No comments: