Monday, March 26, 2007

A mini-breakdown in York...

Martin and I had a wonderful weekend together. He worked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of Mother's Day weekend, so he took last Saturday off. We went to york, did some shopping, had dinner, and just generally relaxed. The weekend was made slightly less wonderful by the fact that we had to rent a car--ours got a flat tire because someone left a glass bottle lying in the street and Martin ran over it. Our car is getting a brand new tire today.

On to the mini breakdown...

We were walking around some of the charity shops near York Minster, and there was an Americna family in one of them. They had a little boy, about 6 years old, with them. He said something adorable, and I just started crying. We're not talking a few little tears that welled up and never fell-- I was crying HARD. Martin asked me what was wrong, and I told him I didn't want my kids to talk with an English accent. I told him I wanted an American baby, not an English baby. I think he was a little bit insulted. Anyway, I got over it and the rest of the day was fine.

We had to come home early on Sunday since the choir was singing in Sacrament meeting, but it was OK. They sounded beautiful, and I hardly even got annoyed with the people at church. Then we spent some time at the in-laws and went to the Mundays' house. Their 3 month old, Nathan, has started sleeping through the night so they were a lot more fun than they have been recently.

All in all, emotional breakdown aside, it was a fantastic weekend! And, last week, I passed my second massage assessment. One to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I told the english bloke that I work with that you were in England and then I had to find where you live for him. In reading your blog you use some great britishism phrasing. I get a word a day from Merriam Webster and a word that other day was durb. Which means to defeat decisively. But I can't really use it in American conversations. So I'm passing in onto you so you can durb someone. My break downs normally involve alot of sugar and then feeling really fat for a few days. Beside I think that you can blame the breakdown on the hormones. Besides you really haven't heard a proper twankgy ascent in a while. I'm refering to mine acourse.