Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I have a gymnast inside of me!

I know, this blog has become all about the baby! It's not my fault--it's Martin's. His new job doesn't allow us to ever do anything since we only have Sundays off together, so Maggot is the only exciting thing I have going on in my life right now.

This really is exciting, though. I think I actually SAW the baby move last night. I'd had a very active evening--1 1/2 hours of yoga, and then a 2 mile walk. Toward the end of the walk, I had to stop to take a little breather. I looked down, and there was what looked like a little wave moving across my abdomen, just below my belly button. It was strange, but very cool.

Maggot has also been very active this morning. I could feel him rolling and kicking for about an hour earlier today. When he starts to get even bigger, it's going to be uncomfortable. Right now it's just fun. Martin is a little bit put off by the concept of the baby moving inside me. Anyone who's seen "Alien" will probably understand. I told him that he'll have to get excited about it at first, but that once it becomes annoying to me he will never have to look or touch when the baby's moving again.

Speaking of Martin, he is still loving his job. When we rented our car on Saturday we talked to Phil (his old manager) and Debbie (his old assistant manager). They still haven't replaced Martin or the other girl who is now on maternity leave, so they are working until 8 or 9 pm some nights. It doesn't sound pleasant at all! I think after we left the Enterprise office he was even happier than usual that he left. I still don't like his job, but I didn't think I would. Once I'm done with my massage course it will be better. Right now we hardly have any time together at all. It would be even better than that if I got released from my calling in the Ward Choir. I am really struggling to keep up with everything at the minute.

Work is still good for me, too. Alan Dick is turning out to be a great job for me. I feel confident and competent, and I have from about my second week here. The healthier I feel with my pregnancy, the better the job is. I have been pregnant ever since I started working here, and that really made my first few months tough. INext week I will have been here for 4 months. Time really flies! We are doing a stock check this weekend, so I may have to come in on Saturday morning. I'm ok with that though--I have a feeling it won't be too bad, and Martin's at work anyway.

Gneneral conference this weekend! Martin and I will probably stay home and watch it on line. That's what we did last year, and it was great! I still can't believe that there are people who go to the church for it. You spend all night Saturday and all day Sunday at the church, which is tough if you live 30 miles away like we do. I'm looking forward to a day spent in my pajamas!

Cheerio!

No comments: