Thursday, April 19, 2007

Martin...

Martin has discovered a baseball team over here!

There's a team that's based out of Hull, which is a 15 minute and £2.70 one way toll drive across the Humber from us. They take players of all skill levels and have practices on Wednesday nights (while I am at college anyway) and Sunday mornings. He went to his first practice last night, and had a really good time. He's so jazzed about it that he has repaired the bike his dad gave him and is planning on biking over there every week.

Martin has never actually played baseball before. He's always played softball. His dad developed a love of softball when he was stationed in the Gulf of Mexico during his Navy days and always had a neighborhood team in the summer when Martin was younger. Last night was his first baseball experience. He found it a little more difficult to bat, but a lot easier to throw. I sat and watched (a little bit--I mostly read my book), and he looked pretty good out there.

The only down side is that they play all their games on Sundays. I'm not thrilled about that, but it seems like if you want to do ANYTHING recreationally in the UK you have to do it on a Sunday. I told him we could compromise and he could maybe play one game a month. Does that make me a bad Mormon? He's just so excited to have found something that he loves, and I love seeing my husband happy!

So that's the Martin update.

In other news, my little sister Krystle is coming to visit! She flies into Manchester in just 6 weeks, and I am so excited to see her! Lots of exclamation marks here, but I can't help it--someone from my family is finally coming to visit! I can show off my house, my lovely town, and this gorgeous country (I'm having an "I love England" day). And I can hang out with Krystle every night for nearly two weeks. Wahoo!!!

So Krys--just wanted to say that I can hardly wait to see you. And anyone else that wants to come for a visit, feel free! American company will always be welcome in my home.

No comments: