Friday, April 20, 2007

Mistake...

Tonight Martin is at work and I have made the mistake of watching stupid birth programs on telly. It makes me so afraid for the whole labour thing. OMG, seriously, I am scared!

Those programs also make me emotional beyond belief. When the babies are finally born after hours of excruciating pain for the mothers, I ALWAY cry. Of course, it doesn't take much right now. I cry at the drop of a hat anyway. I can't imagine what I'll be like when it's actually me!

Martin and I are going to get some work done on the guest bedroom tomorrow. We have to stay close to home anyway since someone from the electric company may be coming to replace some of the wiring in the house. The main source of electricity into our house comes in via old cloth wrapped wires, and the place where it comes in apparently isn't safe. There was a guy here earlier, and he was kind of freaking out about it. We didn't think it was that big of a deal, but apparently it is. So hopefully we'll get a lot done and the bedroom will be all lovely and fresh and comfy for our first house guest and we won't be in danger of a house fire or of electrocution.

On the pregnancy front, things are going OK. Yesterday was kind of tough for me. I got a really bad nose bleed and I was tired and queasy and the baby was kicking me really hard. I'm actually being kicked right now, as a matter of fact. And I think I have started having braxton hicks contractions. Anybody who knows what they're like, give me a comment so I can decide. Anyway, I was just tired of being pregnant. And I have 17 weeks to go! Today is better though.

I can't believe how huge my belly is getting! But I still haven't got any bigger anywhere else. It's strange, because when I have gained weight in the past it has always gone straight to my bum and thighs (thanks mom). But now when I try to wear trousers I haven't had on for a while they slide ride on, but I can't do them up. Plus, the baby is supposed to double in weight over the next 4 weeks.

I seem to be carrying this baby right up front and in the middle. I have this horrible feeling that I'll be one of those women who have an absolutely massive belly that you think can't possibly get any bigger--and then it does. I'll see if Martin will take some belly pics of me this weekend so everyone can see what I mean. Seriously weird!

No comments: