Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Messes...

I think I must be a weird mom. Dylan is SO allowed to get dirty. He plays in the garden, crawls around the park, touches everything, and generally gets messy all the time. I'm ok with that--I know you should let your kids get dirty, and bathtime soon comes around. But I can't stand food mess!

Dylan is just starting to learn to feed himself with a spoon, and it actually turns my stomach to have him covered in food. Mud from the garden is fine, but banana and oatmeal is just disgusting to me. I know he's got to learn to feed himself eventually, but I really wish I could just feed him myself until he's coordinated enough to not make a mess. Unfortunately, he will never learn if I don't let him make a mess. Maybe I'll just wait until Martin comes home and let daddy deal with the mess?

We've been watching the Olympics in the evening and it's so strange to watch the BBC cover it. They are so not impartial (understandable, I guess). They're all about "team GB," and a lot of times they don't even show the Americans competing because they're interviewing either the Brit or someone from one of the colonies. It's really frustrating. And any time someone wins a medal it is a HUGE deal--even a bronze. Funny.

Anyway, need to take care of my messy baby!

5 comments:

Amberlynn said...

You make me laugh with your mess issues. :)

NBC (the ONLY coverage) Olympic coverage is no different. All we see are America, interviews with Michael Phelps, and maybe some other countries that are in medal contention with the US. I wish coverage weren't monopolized... wouldn't PBS coverage be nice?

House of Wilcox Rock!!! said...

HaHa! Wait until he starts flinging food all over teh kitchen, thats fun! When Izaiah eats "spagetti stuff" (anything with tomato sauce and pasta) he likes to smear it all over himself too. I don't know what this is about, must be a viceral kind of thing; anyways, he looks like he's got blood and guts all over him when he's done. I usually hose him off in teh kitchen sink after.

Anonymous said...

Letting the kids getting dirty is the best thing. We allowed Izaiah to get dirty and he does not atasma and all.... dirty=healthy kids.

Michelle and Nick said...

I bet you are loving all the pictures on my blog of Sam and his face after meals....I've just learned not to fight it anymore.

Unknown said...

Just wait soon he will be telling you that he is finished with his food by putting his bowl on his head ( half full of food) bath after meal becomes a regular thing and it will get to the part to where you stop counting how many baths they have in one day. Do your self a flavor now and dont even try stopping it becasue ITS JUST GETS WORSE.