Friday, June 18, 2010

Do other women feel the same?

My mom will be here in just 5 weeks!

Seriously, I am so excited I can hardly stand it.  I am so happy that she will finally get to meet my daughter, and that Dylan will be able to see her somewhere other than in a picture or on a computer screen.  He's looking forward to giving her a big hug, and so am I.

I had a strange dream last night.  I dreamt that mom was here, but I was so used to doing things on my own that I kept forgetting her.  It was really sad, because she kept feeling left out and crying.  But I'm pretty sure that won't happen!

It will be so nice to have my mom here with me, and to NOT have to do everything on my own!  I kind of wish she could stay forever!

And now, here's a quick disclaimer for anyone who reads my blog who is not either a) a family member or b) Mormon:

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints--a Mormon.  Yes, our church practiced polygamy in the mid 1800's.  We no longer do so.  If you want to fact-check, go to lds.org.

That being said, I'm beginning to think think that polygamy is the way forward, especially now that I have kids.  Seriously, how wonderful would it be to have another woman in the house?  I would only have to cook half of the meals and would have help on the housework.  There would always be a babysitter readily available, so I wouldn't have to drag my kids with me to doctor's appointments and on shopping trips.  I might even get the occasional night out.  I would have another grown up to talk to!

Of course, I would have to share my husband's intimate attentions with another woman.  But seriusly, I am so tired most of the time that it wouldn't pose much of a problem.  My beautiful children take every scrap of energy I've got!

Really, the only person who would lose out would be the husband.  Twice as many kids to feed and clothe.  Two women to keep satisfied.  TWO women to nag him about not getting stuff done and complain about his annoying personal habits.  Two women who are, let's face it, probably going to gang up on him whenever he says or does something thoughtless or careless to the other woman.

No comments: