Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dreading it...

We missed an important lesson in church last week.  They announced that food and drink will no longer be allowed in the chapel.  As a mother of two young children, I have to tell you that snacks are pretty much the only way we have to keep our little ones quiet for 1 1/4 hours straight.  Especially since sacrament meeting is the lastof the three meetings in our stake.

I'm planning on writing a (nice and polite) letter to the stake presidency, asking them to prayerfully reconsider the order of the meetings.

I've told Martin that I don't intend to spend the whole of the meeting out in the foyer with grumpy kids or in the kitchen feeding them their snacks.  We might as well not be there if that's what we're doing.  Although I' sure it's not intended, this decision makes me feel as if the bishopric are pushing families with young kids out of the services.  I don't feel very welcome at church right now.  We'll just leave if the kids are uncontrollable.

Of course, it could turn out just fine. 

And monkeys might fly out of my backside.

Sorry to be so negative.  My next post will be happier, and will probably include pictures.  :)

2 comments:

Emma said...

I laughed so hard at the monkeys part. I hope you have a lovely time at Church today, but I know what you mean about feeling unwelcome because we have young children, but I think that is the same and worse in most other churchs not just LDS ones. At least they provide us with toilets and heating which is more than Martin and I had when we went to Church he he!
Will miss you guys today, but I'm off back to bed to see if I can shift this chest infection xxx

House of Wilcox Rock!!! said...

They did the same thing to us a few months ago. You know what I do? I bring snacks anyways. What are they gonna do really? I bring snacks that make as little mess as possible and if they boys do make a mess I clean it up before I leave.

I think the rule is dumb so I don't comply. I guess I'm a bad Mormon.

:)