Tuesday, June 29, 2010

On borrowed time...

Our laptop power cord has broken, again!  We've borrowed the Mundays' and have ordered another one, but it is shipping from China (silly Martin for not looking at that on Ebay when purchasing said item) so I may not be on line for a week or so.  Have to get this power cord back to the Mundays soon, after all.

Just a quick post to let you know that we are all doing well.  Edith is now walking almost everywhere, and it turns out that she was just waiting until she was totally steady on her feet before taking off.  She hardly ever falls over--even on uneven terrain.  Her babbling is now starting to sound a bit more like talking, though the only words she says with any regularity are "Dylan" and "boobies," her two favorite things (yes, I am still feeding her)!

We bought a paddling pool on Saturday and have been completely unable to get Dylan out of it since then.  Last night he even had his "bath" out there.  Every time I turn around he has stripped down to his birthday suit and is splashing in his little pool.  He is still chatting like crazy, and has a better vocabulary than some adults I know.  A few days ago he used the word "precipice" correctly in a sentence.  Can you believe that he's not even 3 yet?

Martin is doing well, though he was pretty disappointed after England's loss to Germany in the World Cup.  He's been watching a lot of football and working a lot, so we haven't really spent much quality time together lately.  Today he's doing his personal license course so he can legally sell alcohol at Stables.  He said he was anticipating a day of boredom. 

And me?  I've been incredibly busy with the children, the house, the garden, church calling, entertaining and breastfeeding peer support training.  Had some frustration last night when I had to scrape off most of the plaster that I did on the stairs.  I'm going to have to re-plaster the whole thing.  MAJOR pain in the bum!  But it's good to be busy.  No time to be bored and less chance of being lonely. 

We're all looking forward to my mom's visit in just 3 weeks' time.  Though I don't know how we'll manage to squeeze in everything I'd like to do with her in just 2 short weeks!

Whining baby alert--must go now.  I'll update again as soon as I can.  I have some fab pictures of naked Dylan and Edith in the paddling pool to post.

No comments: