Saturday, March 31, 2012

Maturity...

Is learning to bite your tongue and keep your mouth shut hiding who you are, or is it a sign of maturity and self-control?

Either way, I'm not much of a grown-up even though I'm trying to rein in my personality.

My big mouth (or in this case, my keyboard) got me in trouble. Because I hurt someone's feelings. I embarrassed them. I made them angry.

I feel so icky inside, and I deserve to. I've been awful.

I also feel like making this blog private, so I know exactly who's reading it and don't have to censor my thoughts all the time. Or just deleting it.

As expressed my one of my favorite bloggers, The Sassy Curmudgeon (Una LaMarche); how much can we really change about ourselves? Is it more important to accept ourselves as we are, or to try to change so that we can avoid the embarrassment, guilt, and sadness that comes from letting our messy selves come out to play?

No comments: