Saturday, May 12, 2012

Amused...

The kids and I walked up to Stables yesterday so they could share a dessert. On the way, we walked past a pick-up truck. It belonged to a farmer. I know this, because I saw him getting out of the truck. And he looked like one. In the place where a farmer or rancher back home would have a rifle, this guy had...an umbrella!

To be fair, you'd have more occasion to use an umbrella in this country than a gun. And more occasion to use a gun back in Utah than an umbrella.

I took the kids on a little adventure this morning. We went down to the old Adamant Cement Works. It was a cement plant that closed down in the 1920's, and it is falling into the estuary. We had so much fun, climbing over the big chunks of concrete and piles of bricks and throwing stones in the water. Then it was home for lunch and off to a birthday party. After that, we got in a quick visit with Nanna and Grandad. And a horrific bedtime, where Edith screamed almost the entire time.

They are sleeping like angels now, and I managed to not lose my cool the whole time.

Miracle.

I wasn't at all amused by the screaming!

No comments: