Thursday, May 10, 2007

Beware--baby post!

This morning was kind of fun. Maggot was kicking me pretty hard when I was lying in bed trying to summon the will to get ready for work, so I put my hand on my belly and pushed him. To my surprise, he pushed back! I just laid there for the next five minutes or so and we played together. I would push him, and he would kick me. It was so much fun, and completely amazing!

Sometimes I still can't believe this whole pregnancy thing is happening. Martin and I have waited for so long, and we're really going to be parents now. Seriously, this baby is our total miracle. I complain about being pregnant all the time. I am tired a lot, and am starting to get really awkward and uncomfortable. None of my clothes fit me properly and I feel really fat. But then the baby moves, and it's all worth it. I'm going to be a mother!

On a non-baby related note, I have discovered the best product ever!!! For all the ladies out there, have you ever heard of Silky Mitz? I don't know if it's an English thing or what, but it's basically really fine grained sand paper for your body. You rub it over your legs instead of shaving, and it's GREAT! I used mine for the first time today, and I don't think I'll ever shave again. Admittedly, it is a little bit strange to sand down your legs, but it totally gets rid of the hair and exfoliates your skin at the same time. WOW! If anyone wants me to send a sample over, let me know. They only cost £.99 for a pack of 3. Highly recommended.

Just 20 days until I have my first family visitor. Krystle, I am so excited for you to come over!!! We are considering a trip to Amsterdam while she is here, and I found a mini-cruise for £64 per person. You cruise all night (have a cabin with its' own bath), arrive in Rotterdam at 8 am and take a bus to Amsterdam for 10:30. Then you spend the day there and cruise back that night. It sounds like a lot of fun (though you only have one day and not a full night to enjoy the wicked, worldly delights of the city). It's a maybe. Krystle, check it out at http://www.poferries.com/tourist/content/pages/template/minicruise_minicruise.htm

No comments: