Thursday, May 03, 2007

Good AND bad news...

We'll start with the bad news and get that out of the way. I found out today that I will not be eligible for maternity pay through my company as I started working here about 3 weeks too late. I was kind of expecting it--knew it would be really close, but it's still a disappointment. I may still be able to claim Statutory Maternity Pay from the government, so that'll be better than nothing. I'll probably call in at my local benefits office and find out early next week.

The good news is that I had my final assessment at Massage last night, and I passed it. I only need to do a couple more clients for ranges. I need to massage someone old and someone fat. It would be really nice if I could get someone in who is both, actually. I also need to revise and turn in one final assignment in anatomy and physiology, so I should be done with my course next week--4 weeks early! Our graduation ceremony thing is in June, at which point I will receive my certificate. Hooray!

In Martin news, he has been biking over to baseball practice in Hull the last few weeks and yesterday he had a little bit of a mishap. To make a long story short, he pulled a "Wayne's World" and ran into the back of a parked car on his bike. No worries--he's fine. He WILL have to have his bike repaired though. The front forks that hold the wheel on are bent now. Not much hurt on him except his dignity, I think.

We're going on a temple trip this weekend, which I'm really looking forward to. We've compromised as the baseball team has a double header in Bolton on Sunday and it's only about 15 miles from Chorley (where the Preston temple is). So I'll watch his first game and then get dropped off at the temple and will go to church there. Then he'll come back when the second game is finished and we'll do the temple thing early Monday morning.

On Tuesday we are going to a wedding. Martin's Auntie Vicky will be getting married at the registrar's office in Louth. I have to go shopping this weekend (probably in Manchester) for a hat. I get to wear a hat to a wedding! Too bad I won't look cute--just 6 months pregnant and bloated. Still, I'm excited about the hat thing!

So that's the pregnancy mood swing update for the day!

No comments: