Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The midwife update...

I had a midwife appointment today, and I just wanted to let the concerned parties know that all was normal. The baby's heartrate sounded good, and I had the added bonus of getting to listen to a good, strong case of the hiccups. I couldn't feel them, but I sure could hear them loud and clear. I had some blood drawn to check iron levels and to check for antibodies in my blood, and should have those results back at my next appointment. I will be seeing the midwife in three weeks' time, and the appointments will get closer together as I approach my due date.

The best part of my appointment was that the midwife didn't seem concerned that my belly was "too big," or that the baby was overly huge. I'm hearing it often enough that I have been a little bit concerned. But if the medical profession don't seem concerned about it, I can relax a little bit!

No comments: