Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy belated 4th of July!

Martin's birthday was a success. We ended up going out to dinner with Martin's parents and sister, which was good--except that his parents spent a portion of the night fighting with each other. That's pretty much normal though. The meal was good, the conversation was interesting, the drinks flowed, etc.

Martin loved his birthday gifts--especially the nose hair trimmers that I bought him! Of course, those were just the "joke" present (even though he actually does need them). I got him some new Puma trainers to replace his old ones that he's had for years. They actually have pieces of the sole missing and he refused to throw them away. Now he has to! He also got a lovely tie from Grandma Lofley (he does like it Grandma!), some $$ from Nana and Grandpa and some ££ from Gran and Grandad, some polo shirts from the Priestley grandparents, and a new golf bag (v. nice!) from his parents. We didn't do anything terribly exciting, but I think he had a nice day all the same.

We got home quite late from dinner with his family, so we didn't end up lighting any of our sparklers after all. So it really was just a birthday celebration, not an Independence Day celebration. I'm kind of sad about that, but really too tired to do anything about it.

I've officially joined the "miserably pregnant" club. The baby is getting really heavy now, and it's not so nice to be carrying him/her all up front any more as a result. Plus I think he's dropped (not sure, having never experienced this before). So every time I stand up after I've been sitting for a long time I have to pee so bad that I can hardly walk. Delightful! Hardly any of my clothes fit me any more, but I don't want to buy any new ones that will only fit me for aobut 6 weeks longer. I may end up doing it anyway so that I actually have clothes to wear to work. I am so uncomfortable and can't wait to have this baby. But I still haven't packed my bag for the hospital. Really ought to get on that!

Work continues to be deadly dull for me and it still varies wildly for Martin. I am bored out of my mind after about 2 hours at work and Martin either spends his days polishing glasses and the copper pots for the mussles or running around like a headless chicken. Work on the house continues to progress, though slowly. Basically, life is pretty much average (other than the coming birth of our first and long awaited child, of course).

Oh, just thought of something kind of exciting. Martin bought us a "travel system" for the baby. He got it on E-bay, and it looks brilliant! It cost a whopping £50 (it should retail for around £200-£250) and we will just need to get a base for the car seat to make it complete. We do have to collect it from Leicester, but one of the ladies in my office goes down most weekends anyway and has said that she'll collect it for us if the address is close to where she goes. Fingers crossed! Otherwise, we will drive down and get it. It takes about 2 hours to get there, but is worth the drive considering how much money we saved on it. Hooray for E-bay!!!

An hour and a half more at work--all I want to do is go home and go to bed. Too bad we have choir tonight. Fingers crossed they will release me soon!!!

No comments: