Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Martin was MVP...

Martin went to a baseball game on Sunday. The Humber Flyers were playing in Liverpool. I wasn't up to the drive over (about 3 hours) so he caught a ride with some of the guys on the team. Anyway, he played the entire game and was voted MVP at the end. They lost, but he was still pleased. He had a couple of really good catches, including a sliding catch, and hit a double along with his usual singles. He is very sunburnt, but very happy. He only gets to play one more game before the baby is born--scary stuff!

Martin has also been voted MVP at our house--he finished the ring main in our front room and we now have electricity in there for the first time in over a year! We had extension cords running to the TV/DVD player before, and now they are plugged into the wall! He just has to do the light switches now, and we are finished. He's very proud of that accomplishment as well, and so am I. He has really stepped up in the last few weeks!

I spoke to my supervisor at work and she agreed to me working an hour less every day, so I will be coming into the office at 9am instead of 8am until my maternity leave starts on the 10th. I only have to get up for work 8 more times, and that is GOOD news.

All of the baby laundry is done now, and I bought a few more bits and pieces for my hospital bag over the weekend. I've just got to throw in a few baby things that got washed over the weekend, and then we are pretty much ready to go. Not long now.

In fact, it's only 19 days until my due date. I am in the teens now! I really can't wait for that number to drop into the single digits, but I'm pretty happy about the teens at this point. The last two months have gone so SLOWLY! I'm so ready to be a mother instead of a pregnant woman!

No comments: