Monday, October 26, 2009

An accidental good idea...

Well, this morning wasn't as bad as yesterday.  We got to sleep until 5:15am.  Unfortunately, Edith woke up twice last night for feeds, so it was a short night anyway.  And Martin is working full days this week, too.  Oh well--we'll manage.

I just wanted to write about this GREAT idea that I had last night.  Since the time changed it was dark at about 5 pm (I always forget how far north we are until winter time!).  Right now, Dylan is obsessed with, among other things, flashlights.  So after dinner I suggested we go for a "flashlight walk."

Can I just say, man I am a genius at keeping my kid entertained sometimes?  Dylan had so much fun on our little walk.  We shined our flashlights on all sorts of weird and wonderful things--things that we wouldn't have even noticed if we'd been walking in daylight.  And, by far the best find of the night was a cute little frog about the size of a golf ball.  Sadly it hopped into someone's garden before Martin could catch it and let Dylan hold it.

Saturday was good, too.  We went for a walk even though it was drizzling ever so slightly.  It wasn't a very long walk, but we went to the bus stop and train station so we could watch buses and trains.  We kicked leaves and found some enormous ones that Dylan waved around like they were flags.  Edith just enjoyed the fresh air.

Sometimes, when I have both kids with me, I wish it was just me and Dylan again.  He is getting so fun to play with now, and I have to divide my attention between the two kids now.  But I love Edith, and when she is just a tiny bit older she will be more fun and I can play more freely with BOTH kids.  That will be really nice!

No comments: