Friday, January 22, 2010

Enjoying it...

I had a really lovely birthday this year.  My gifts were thoughtful and much appreciated.  My birthday cake was delicious.  I had some good company.  I got to go out on a date with my wonderful husband. 

Yes, I had to prepare and clean up after 3 meals.  Yes, I had to make my own birthday cake.  Yes, I had to clean the house for company to come over.  Yes, my son did stay up 4 hours after his bed time because he was waiting for us to come home and I had to feed my daughter when we got home at 11pm.  But seriously, it was a wonderful day.

My favorite gift was from Martin.  He gave me a handbag sized sketch book, some new drawing pencils, and some oil pastels.  I did an adorable sketch of Edith yesterday, and realized just how incredibly out of practice I am.  I used to sketch every day, and now I do it about once every 3-4 months.  Martin knew I've been missing it, and got me a gift to encourage my talents.  What a great husband!

I've also been trying to get the kids out of the house more, weather permitting.  It seems to be making a difference in Dylan's sleeping pattern--and it's a change for the better!  This morning he didn't wake up until 6:40am. That's an hour later than he has been getting up, and it was blissful.

We've got company coming over tonight--Charlotte and Dave, along with baby Tim and little Beth.  I'm making homemade pizza and breadsticks, they are putting the kids to bed here, and we are going to play games & stuff.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Even to making the pizza.  There's something so satisfying about making a gorgeous looking pizza!

Don't worry mom--I'll dig out the camera and put a few pictures of the kids on in the next few days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like an awesome one! Nice to meet you!

Michelle and Nick said...

I'm glad you had a great day. So will the pizza tonight have ketchup?