Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My afternoon as the parent of one...

Dylan and Martin spent some quality time together this afternoon, so it was just me and Edith.  I love having only one child every now and again!

The boys went in to Scunthorpe on the bus, which is more expensive than driving but is a real treat for Dylan.  He LOVES the bus.  Especially because the 350 has a special name and bus color.  It's called the Humber "Fast Cat," and it's a bright orange bus.  When Dylan was fist learning to talk he called it the "masscat" and told us that it was "issinge."  So adorable.

Anyway, they went to do some birthdy shopping for me, and Edith and I chilled.  She played on my bedroom floor while I did my hair.  We went for a little drive and played in the park for a bit.  We did a bit of grocery shopping together.  She ate gressini on the kitchen floor (not OFF the kitchen floor--she was sitting on it) while I cooked dinner. 

When the boys came home, we ate dinner as a family, did baths, and got the kids in to bed.  They are snuggled down for, hopefully, the whole night.

I have had a couple of really good days with the kids, and it's a good thing!  We all had a horrible virus which Dylan brought home from the hospital for us.  Plus, Edith was teething.  Add that to Martin's 11 hour day at work on Saturday and we were all pretty run down.  Today I like being a mommy again.  Plus, I got released from my calling im Primary on Sunday.  That made me pretty happy as well.

Anyway, tomorrow is my 31st birthday.  Hopefully it'll be a nice day as well.  Stay and Play in the morning with the kids, Martin's grandparents visiting in the afternoon.  Movie with my husband after the kids are tucked in to bed.  Yep, sounds like it's going to be a good one.  Now if Edith will just sleep through the night...

Not holding my breath on that one!

No comments: