Saturday, January 23, 2010

A typical day...

Thanks for thye inspiration, Becca!

5:30-6:30am (depending on the day)
Edith wakes up for her morning feed.  Martin brings her in to me and I feed her in our bed.  Then Dylan wakes up and Martin puts Edith back to bed and goes downstairs with Dylan to change him, make him some toast, and watch telly.  I go back to sleep.

7:30am
Martin gets back in to bed and I snuggle up with him until Dylan starts yelling for me.  Martin goes back to sleep and I go downstairs and watch cartoons with Dylan, check my e-mail, blog, go on Facebook, etc.  I go get Edith when she wakes up and feed her again.

9:00am
Wake Martin up, cook porridge for breakfast, eat breakfast, clean up from breakfast, get dressed, get the kids dressed.

10:00am
Depending on the day, we sort out Kleeneze brochures, go for a walk to deliver and/or collect them, etc.

10:45am
Martin leaves for work and I start preparing lunch.

11:15am
The kids and I have lunch--usually something gourmet like sandwiches, hotdogs, chicken nuggets, fish fingers, frozen pizza, or just lunch meat, cheese, and tomatoes.

11:45am
Get the kids down for their nap.  This involves feeding Edith again and tucking Dylan in to bed and reading him a story.

12:00pm
Dash downstairs to do all the "me" stuff for the day--grab a quick shower, do ironing, clean up from lunch, work out on the Wii, do my dinner prep, put on make-up (if I have time).

1:15pm-4pm
Collect Edith as she is usually awake by now and feed her again!  Sing and play with Edith while Dylan is still asleep!  Martin comes home from work.  We hang out and depending on the day again, do the grocery shopping, go to the library, do some work on the house, etc.  Dylan usually wakes up at around 2pm.  The  kids have their afternoon snack.  I clean up from that.  Some housework gets done since Martin can take care of the kids while I do laundry, clean the bathroom, tidy up the kitchen, etc.

4-6pm
Dinner preparation and consumption.

6-7pm
Evening cartoons!  Martin gives the kids their bath while I clean up the kitchen and dining room from dinner.  Take the kids upstairs for bedtime milk and stories, have family prayers and kisses, then tuck both kids in to bed.

7-10pm
Grown-up time!  Martin is on call at Rapi so we have to stick close to home.  We do DIY on Mondays and have date night on Fridays.  On other days we do some tidying, work out on the Wii together, check e-mails and blogs again, watch movies or telly together, etc.

10-11pm
Bed!

This is 5 days a week.  The weekends are something else entirely.  Martin works from 9am-5pm at the Place, comes home for dinner, and then heads out again at 6:30pm to work at Rapi.  Then, of course, Sunday involves the 4 1/2 hour church ordeal and either a video call with my family or dinner at Martin's parents' house.

It is a pretty calm, peaceful, and slightly boring life.  Sometimes it chafes, but most of the time I love it!

2 comments:

V said...

Happy Belated B-day Jame! Have you hit 30 yet?

Jamie said...

man, I wish I knew what that second comment says! And Velecia, I just turned 31!