Friday, February 05, 2010

my blog...

I started this blog in August of 2005. 

A lot has changed since then, and my beloved blog covers it all.  I moved to another country, bought a house, worked at three different jobs, had two kids, became a stay at home mom, and all of the other little things in between.

It really DID start out just as a way for me to keep my family updated on what was going on.  In the beginning I posted about our weekend trips to beautiful places throughout England and included pictures of the sights.  Then I had Dylan, and the trips stopped but the pictures and updates about his progress began.

And then something interesting happened.  My world started to shrink.  We no longer go anywhere exciting at the weekend.  In fact, there are some days when I don't even leave the house.  My whole world is contained in the walls of my home.

My blog changed accordingly.  Now it is not just a way of communicating with my family.  It is a chance for me to express my thoughts and feelings.  It is sometimes my lifeline--the only outlet I have for my frustrations and revelations about motherhood and being a housewife.  Sometimes, my blog is my sanity!

I feel that some day I will be able to read this record of the last 4 1/2 years and see myself growing as a person.  It should make for some interesting reading.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, does this all sound familiar. hehe! I don't drive so there are a lot of days I never leave the house. It's a good thing I like this house... Sadly, I don't keep up on my personal blog like I used to. It's become a once a week thing. Better than nothing!