Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thanks, Mango Mom!

We had date night last night, and we made one of the crafts from my sister Velecia's craft blog.  It was the leaf wall art, and it turned out beautifully.  We spray painted it "antique gold," so it would go with the copper accents in our house, and it looks lovely.  We still need to give it another coat of paint and hang it up, but I'll post pictures of it once it's done and up.  It was a great date night, with crafts and classical music and Haagen Das cookies and cream icecream.

Martin makes me laugh.  We listen to Classic FM on the radio, which Martin says is the common classical music station. Apparently, Radio 5 is high-brow.  Funny, I didn't think there was such a thing as low-brow classical music.  But, according to him, we are the chavs/white trash of the classical music listening world.

I hope the pictures from my last post were well received.  I wanted to get a few of Edith standing up, because I am still amazed that she's doing it.  She is growing up so fast, and prefers to be standing up all the time now.  She's still not as advanced in her motor skills as Dylan was at the same age, but I think she's starting to catch up.  Dylan was just bigger and had stronger muscles, that's all.  She's certainly intelligent--I'm not worried about that at all!

I'll be putting a new video on soon, of a conversation I had with Dylan.  I love that I can now have a full conversation with him.  Sure, it's not the most intelectually stimulating of conversations.  But a year ago he only knew about 30 words.  Now he can tell you how he's feeling, what he wants, what his toys want, name colours and numbers, tell you the stories in his favorite books, express fear, and, my favorite, express love!

He's currently hiding behind one of the chairs because he's scared of the lightening on "Handy Manny."

Anyway, I need to get Martin out of bed in a few minutes.  He's got his long day at work today, and he is working tomorrow night as well.  Valentines day kind of sucks when your love works in a restaurant (or two).  But we have a date planned for mid-day on Monday, so that should be fun.  NO KIDS!  And Cathy, my sister-in-law, is coming to visit today.  Plus, my mother-in-law might be coming over tomorrow night since her husband is also working.  We're going to tie a quilt.  I remember the Valentines day I tied a quilt and watched "How to Marry a Millionaire" with my Grandma Lofley.  One of the best Valentines days I ever had--I love you, grandma!

Oh, and I need to go collect a sewing machine that I got off Freecycle.  I'm so excited to have my own sewing machine!  I've been borrowing Christine's every time I need to sew for years now, and it'll be great to have my own.  Maybe I'll even be ambitious and make an awesome quilt (maybe a wedding ring quilt, since they're my favorites).  Maybe.  I'll definitely make my pajama trousers though!

Hooray for Freecycle!

Wow, this post makes me sound really grateful for a lot.  I guess it's because I am.

Wish me luck with my Saturday...

1 comment:

V said...

Can't wait to see pics! Yeah Crafts!!!!