Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy anniversary...

And oh, it was one!

Martin and I ditched the kids with my in-laws for 26 blissful hours and went to York.

Martin booked us in to a beautiful hotel called Marmadukes, and it was amazing! We were upgraded to the Loft Suite, which totally had a sauna, giant shower, and lovely claw-footed bathtub in our bathroom. Seriously, gorgeous hotel.

The 9th anniversary is the willow or pottery anniversary, so I found a place called Rainbows Ceramic and Pottery Studio. We called in when we got to York and decorated a chips and dip bowl. It will be glazed and fired, then shipped to us in about a week. We spent about an hour and a half doing it, and had SO much fun.

We saw "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" in the most ghetto cinema in the world. Loved it!

Then we had a seriously nice dinner at the Blue Bicycle, where we ate for my 23rd birthday an absolute eternity ago.

It was hard to come home, but nice to have the kids back to cuddle with. I got home just in time to get Dylan to school, put Edith down for her nap, clean up, and have my visiting teachers come over. Then baby E woke up, we cuddled, picked Dylan up from school, walked up to Stables to see Martin, had chips and a drink together, came home, did dinner...I'm getting exhausted just typing about it.

I had to go in to Scunny tonight to practice with the older Primary girls. They are singing a special number for the Primary presentation on Sunday and they needed a lot of work. Since it was a special favor for Noelle (love you, girl), she organized a babysitter for me. So I didn't even put Edith to bed tonight. I told Dylan he could stay up and wait for me if he wanted to, so he did. Jill (the babysitter from church) said that spending the evening with my children was a pleasure, and that they were a credit to me. Hooray!

Now it is just after 10pm, and I am going to bed soon. Like, 10 minutes from now soon.

Saturday is the Leeds v. Sheffield United match that Martin and Dylan are going to, so it's going to be a busy week all around. Being busy is good.

No comments: