Saturday, September 04, 2010

Man, I have a funny kid!

The consultant at the fracture clinic on Thursday was a really nice, funny man.  I think he was German, elderly, liked kids, but obviously didn't spend a lot of time with them.  He thought Dylan was adorable, and kept squeezing his cheeks and shaking his little head.  Dylan just looked at him all funny and said, "mom, why is he doing that?"  Then the doctor offered him a lollipop and we left.

Tonight, during bath time, I asked Dylan what the doctor had done to him.  Then we took turns squeezing each others' faces and smunching each others' cheeks.  We were totally giggling (which always makes Edith laugh).  Then Dylan put on this gruff little German accent and asked me if I wanted a lollipop.  I swear, he was imitating the doctor perfectly.  I seriously lost it!

Oh, sometimes this kid cracks me up.  This is two days running that motherhood has been a joy instead of a chore.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

No comments: