Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pathetic!

There's nothing in the world worse than sitting aorund feeling sorry for yourself. But that's what I'm doing today.

Martin was supposed to be off work yesterday. One of his employees phoned up to say she wouldn't be able to make it as she had to do some stuff at university. It was her first day yesterday, so I'm relatively certain that "something" was go to a university party, get hammered, and make bad decisions. So even though we had company over, Martin had to go in to work. Thank goodness for Emma, who left her hubby at my house with both sets of kids and whisked me away to a craft class.

Another of Martin's employees has a sick daughter and wasn't able to come in to work this morning. So he is back at work, though he shouldn't have gone in until 4pm. He will be there, quite literally, all day today. He went in at 9am and will probably get home around 11pm. There was no one else to cover the morning shift.

Sometimes it sucks having a responsible and hard working husband!

The good news is that tonight is book club, so at least I won't be alone in the house with the kids all day long. My lift in to Scunthorpe is bringing my babysitter 'round for me at about 7pm.

Martin is going to be off work all day tomorrow instead of his usual time off. We'll see. I'm not holding my breath!

Other than Martin's work issues, we are all doing well. The football match/shopping trip on Saturday was a big success which will be duplicated at a later date. The primary presentation on Sunday went pretty well. The Mundays' visit yesterday was fun. Today is going to be long, but I'm sure we'll all manage. Dylan still loves going to school every day, and Edith has started babbling and trying hard to talk. She's more fun every day.

I'm going to not to be so negative for the rest of the day. After all, it could be worse.

No comments: