Thursday, September 09, 2010

That was a surprise!

I took Dylan to his second taster day at Castledyke Primary School today.  It was fun.  No, really.  It was seriously fun.  But I got a little teary-eyed while we were there.

For the first time in his life, Dylan will do something that doesn't involve me.  I have been the center of his world for his whole life.  Now I will send him out on his own 5 days a week.

I've never been one of those moms who wants to keep her kids babies forever.  I love watching them grow up and become more independent.  But sending Dylan out there is, quite frankly, terrifying.  He could be taught anything.  He could be bullied.  He could be picked on.  He could be the one bullying.  And I will only know if he or his teacher tell me. 

I am a mommy control freak.  It makes me crazy that somebody else is going to be responsible for my child.  I'll deal with it, of course.  And I am beyond excited to have some one-on-one time with Edith.  School is going to be good.  I just keep telling myself that.  School is going to be good.

No comments: